As a computer user, you’ve probably encountered the need to clean your PC of all sorts of junk files. There are many free programs for optimizing your operation system. In this article, we will investigate the functionality of such software.
Why should we use cleaner software?
When your computer runs on your hard disk, various temporary files are created. Some of them are removed after you close a program, and some still lie on your HDD. Over time, such files accumulate more and more and they can not only take up a lot of space on the hard drive but also cause the “brakes” of the PC.
Regardless of the computer hardware, there comes a time when the system starts to run slower. The main reasons for the decrease in system performance can be both the unquenchable passion of the user to test various types of software, and insufficient meticulous attention to system security.
Optimization programs perform a whole bunch of tasks, as improving the system is a whole set of actions consisting of a voluminous list. The main areas of application can be divided into categories:
- cleaning the Windows disk and registry from debris and small errors;
- defragmentation of hard disk partitions;
- search and update drivers;
- optimization of system settings, parameters, services and startup;
- restrictions on internal Windows programs: Information collectors for analysis, Windows Store and others;
- others optimize settings.
The best alternatives of cleaner software
The software of maintenance category consists of programs that maintain the computer’s operating system in good condition. These include free tools for getting rid of junk files like temporary and other unnecessary files, leftovers, cleaning the registry of invalid keys, editing auto-run programs, etc.
The list of the high-rated cleaner software for your PC repair includes the following options:
- CCleaner is a popular service program from Piriform, whose powerful functionality is aimed at cleaning, protecting private data and speeding up your personal computer. Thanks to a wide range of tools and settings, this utility perfectly analyzes the operation of the Windows operating system and third-party applications. There are three main ways CCleaner can work: scanning and debugging, cleaning, and protecting user privacy.
- Glary Utilities – one of the most versatile and convenient utilities for removing garbage from your computer. Moreover, it has many functions: registry cleaning, disk defragmentation, backup, duplicate file search, memory optimization, malware removal and more.
- AdwCleaner is a powerful computer cleaner for comprehensive optimization. Unlike analogs, this application does not require installation and is activated from any medium, including portable. This application uninstalls unnecessary toolbars; various browser plug-ins installed with or without the user’s consent; Software that demonstrates unwanted advertising; applications that affect the start of the browser.
- Easy Cleaner is a multifunctional free program for caring for the operating system. One of the most useful EasyCleaner tools is Windows Registry Cleaner, Startup Editor, and a graphical utility to check free hard disk space. Other features of the program include several options for deleting unnecessary, duplicate, and temporary files; browser history (Internet Explorer only), and broken shortcuts.
- Advanced SystemCare is a whole complex to optimize the operating system. The program’s arsenal has all the necessary tools to clean and speed up your computer. The utility perfectly copes with the registry, system files, removal of the remains of applications, and also cleaning of browsers. The software runs in the background and consumes almost no resources. The latter are actively used only in full-scale analysis and comprehensive problem-solving.